poniedziałek, 15 listopada 2010

Dessa - A Badly Broken Code

Surprisingly, there are some non-Polish speaking people out there who follow this BlogSpot. That leaves me with no other choice than to take pains of trying to channel my thoughts with my repugnantly poor English (rather Engrish in my case) skills. Unfortunately for Dessa, besides the fact that I'm insolently stealing and uploading her "intellectual property", her debut album is going to be my first lab mice in this aberrant lingual experiment. So while I'll be committing this brutal rape upon your aesthetic taste, take into account that this is simply a good album. It is definitely worth checking out and its price.
As I've stated above that this is Dessa's debut. It is just in its principle stages. As a part of Doomtree hip-hop collective, she had a chance to enrich verses of her mother-hh-squad or P.O.S.'s last solo album. To me, her participation in those two projects was invaluable and when the gossip about her album was released ambushed my ears I was deliriously curious. Nevertheless, this record surprised me to the fullest extent. It's nothing close to Doomtree (even though she received assistance on the album's production from Otter, Lazerbeak and MK Larada). I'm not even sure that I can evaluate this album in hip-hop category because Dessa is not bonded to conventions. She smoothly manages to juggle with different styles from heart melting way of singing (which at some parts reminds me of classic Bristol's trip-hop acts) to subtle ear-membrane drilling rap flow. Her voice wrapped in warm, melancholic scarf of guitar and cello sounds creates a very intimate atmosphere here. I have to mention that I totally buy this "fuck standards" attitude. This is a sensual, feminine, poetic album - not street dirt, bling-bling and chest hair here. It is a piece of personal, narrative, audile cardiac-surgery record.

Dessa - A Badly Broken Code

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz